Match starting time

Post feedback here

Match starting time

Postby Karriz » Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:30 pm

Hello, everyone.
In the previous FS campaigns the starting time has usually been 20:00 GMT, but now it is 21:00 GMT. That's a tad too late for those of us who live in the eastern hemisphere. Okay, maybe I'm the only one, but if possible, could you consider starting 20:00 GMT or even 19:00 GMT?

Re: Match starting time

Postby Twigs » Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:37 am

Hi Karriz, thanks for your input. I appreciate what you are saying and completely understand. I think this is something that we should make a vote about, as you will know, we have players from all over the world. This particular time has been chosen as it gives the highest chance of most people being available. If we made it earlier we may lose some of our American players, on the other hand we could even consider a change of night (from Sunday to Saturday or perhaps Friday) as Sunday is for some people a religious day, and what most would consider a 'school night'.

I would be interested to hear some more thoughts on this topic from everyone signed up to the campaign.
The force is with me. I'm number freaking one!

Postby Survive9 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:41 pm

its fine with me if you changed the time from 4:00 to 3:00 PM EST.

Postby TALON » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:48 pm

I'm fine with it being an hour earlier too.

Postby TaShadan » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:17 pm

iam from the CET region so i prefer 1 hour earlier too

Postby TALON » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:56 pm

Hi guys, similar to the last campaign we have had a 9pm BST (though it would have be GMT last time due to the time of year) match start time. In the last campaign some viewed this as too late a starting time and checking no one had an issue with it we changed the start time accordingly.

For the second campaign we've had no issue with a 9pm start until now. CAAM has expressed a preference for an earlier start time, 8pm like the Community Games. We went with a later start as usually this gives people a chance to show up on time, and we still get some (admittedly unregistered) players who arrive a little later than the current 9pm start time. However, if no one has a problem with it I don't mind if we change the start time to 8pm. So what I need is a response from you all regarding this issue to let us know if it is a problem for you or not to start an hour earlier. People who don't respond will be counted as people who have no problem with the change.

So make sure your voice is heard.

Postby yone » Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:12 pm

Okey I don´t mind. I haven´t been in the previous matches cuz sunday is bussy for me, but I will try to be the next one.

Postby TALON » Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:57 am

Well going from the response we've had, with one of you being okay with a match time change, and the rest of you having not responded so I'll assume you're all okay with it, from this weekend the Campaign matches will commence at 8pm BST (1 hour earlier).

So we'll see you there on Sunday.

Return to Campaign Suggestions